Thursday, August 27, 2015

Imran Khan: There are many films I’ve done that I’m not really proud of



They started out almost together and were pitted against each other for long, but then Ranbir Kapoor raced far ahead of Imran Khan in the quest of stardom. Imran, however, doesn’t mind this. “I have never thought of this in terms of racing, honestly. I am so focused and so concerned in getting my act together, to do films that I like, that I would be proud of, I am happy with. And it’s not just because I am saying. It’s reality. There are many many films that I have done and I am not really proud of them. There’s often left a difference between what you intend to do, and how the things actually turn out to be,” clarifies Imran Khan in an exclusive conversation with Indian Express. Imran, along with Kangana Ranaut, was in New Delhi to promote their movie ‘Katti Batti’.

While Imran did say that there have been many movies that didn’t turn out to be how he expected them to, he added, “I have never made a film that I have loved and I have been damn proud off and that hasn’t worked. Every film that has failed, I knew somehow it was going to.” So, what’s his most favourite amongst the ones he has done? “‘Delhi Belly’, I would say, is the one that has been the closest to my personal taste cinematically. ‘Katti Batti’ holds the most special place in my heart. It’s the movie i’ll put in front of the whole world and say, ‘This is my work.’ I can’t say that for many of my movie,” said Imran, who made his debut with ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na.’ But maybe it’s the marketing, ‘Katti Batti’ might have a limited audience due to the content – live-in relationships. “I don’t care about box office. I know I have made a movie that I am really proud of and I am really happy about. And I hope the audiences like it too,” said Imran. Talk about him being missing from Bollywood for two years until ‘Katti Batti’ came, pat comes the reply, “I was delaying hearing the script when Nikhil Advani came to me with ‘Katti Batti’. I was shooting for ‘Gori Tere Pyaar Mein’ then. So when I finally heard the script, I had already known Avantika was pregnant. I requested Nikhil to delay the shoot. He gave in.” “Then, me and Avantika went on what we call a ‘BabyMoon’, for this would be the last time we were travelling alone, only the two of us. So, three months after the birth of my daughter, we started shooting for ‘Katti Batti’,” he says. Talking of Avantika, doesn’t she have a problem with him doing kissing or love-making scenes on screen? There has been a report about him and Kangana kissing for almost 24 hours to shoot for a song. “I don’t understand why anybody would have problems with anybody doing love or romantic scenes, when they don’t have a problem with violence. My mother never calls me and tells me why I beat up a guy in the movie,” opined Imran. “The song we are talking about is the most physically demanding thing I have ever done. We used stop motion technology for the song and for that, we had to freeze everytime we kiss too. Frame by frame by frame, we had to shoot the entire song. It was time-consuming, and exhausting,” explained Imran. Kangana Ranaut last few films have created a storm at the box office. With ‘Queen’, she registered herself as one of the most sought after actresses in Bollywood, and that did play up for her next release ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’. But the flip side was an actor like R Madhavan getting sidelined or overshadowed by her. Imran might also face a similar predicament. “I have always been a believer in letting the movie speak for itself. As part of promoting a film, you might play up a certain aspect. But ultimately, the film is what it is. So, rather than being concerned of what people might perceive of a certain thing due to the promotions, I will want to believe in the film. I know what he have in our hands,” explained Imran. So, apart from Aamir Khan, which one actor from Bollywood or Hollywood can give him a major fanboy moment? “Hrithik Roshan.

No comments:

Post a Comment